Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spoiling children...a walking contradiction?

The following words are my response taken from a conversation I had on FB in regards to someone commenting that "all children deserve a great deal of spoiling in their lives."

We complain about children growing up into young adults and not appreciating a damn thing. When we spoil children, all we are doing is training them to grow up and not appreciate anything. I think it must be done in moderation and be done appropriately. There's a way to approach everything in a healthy manner.

I just have an issue with this, that's all. Not trying to be a downer. I think kids are spoiled too much and they grow up not appreciating what they have; and then we turn around and complain about them not appreciating anything when all we are doing is training them for it in the first place! We are all walking contradictions!!

Thoughts? Comments?

No comments: